Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Trying to remove oil sump from Mazda T3500 engine. Does

Customer Question

Trying to remove oil sump from Mazda T3500 engine. Does bottom pulley have to be removed before sump will drop?? Otherwise how can it be released once all studs/bolts are removed? Thanks. Steve.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 5000 k's ago
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 1986
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. Have removed all studs/bolts from sump, rear of sump has dropped but still seems to be hanging on around front pulley.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont show the exact procedure on this model here myself but usually if it hangs up by the front pulley then the pulley then does need removed to remove this oil sump.I have had to remove the front pulley or crank pulley in the past before to remove this here on several models.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you have pictures of a removed sump? Just to get an idea about how the front looks once removed. Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Unfortunately I do not show a picture of this myself here.I apologize for this.Is there anything else I can help you with?

Let me know,thanks Pete