Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

It works fine in fwd but when stationary and select reverse

Customer Question

It works fine in fwd but when stationary and select reverse it grabs and jolts the car...only been doing it in the last few days .checked the oli all ok and has been serviced regulally.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 6K ago
JA: What is the model/year of your transmissions?
Customer: 2003 diamante 3500cc
JA: Are you fixing your Diamante yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not fixing myself...me pleb .just been into town shoping and it happened a couple of times so am gathering info...I hope
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are a couple of different causes I have seen myself that can cause a fault like this here.First an issue with a broken or damaged engine mount or transmission mount will cause this.If the mounts have not been checked this needs done.The other issue is a fault with the transmission valve body or debris in the valve body in some cases needing a transmission flush to remove the debris.

This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate the fault.I would start with having the mounts checked for any issues needing resolved.If these are or were checked and found to be o.k. then I would have the transmission checked into further which may require special test equipment to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete