Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My radio comes up with system check, came with the car,

Customer Question

my radio comes up with system check
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: came with the car
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: swift 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent done anything, i know im suppose to put a code in but theres nowhere to put the code it just flashes system check
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The system check generally indicates a fault internaly in the radio itself.In some cases you can disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect the battery and it may reset the system and operate properly from there but usually this does indicate an internal fault needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete