Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2000 verada XI engine and tcl light come on and off and car

Customer Question

2000 verada XI engine and tcl light come on and off and car wont start everytime you have to lock unlock a few times till it starts or will start and then immeaditley stall
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What has to be done from here is to plug in a compatible scan tool or computer that is able to read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.I suspect the intermittent no start as well as the lights coming on are all related to each other.This an be a fault with the ecu itself or the immobilizer in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete