Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The trunk won't close, don't know how to fix it, When

Customer Question

The trunk won't close , don't know how to fix it
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: When closing the trunk its not latching
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Corolla 2014. It happen today
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far! I'm no expert on cars . I did call a Toyota dealership to get assistance , they said to bring it in, but I thought maybe another way of fixing it myself , no cost
JA: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service.
Customer: Is this them?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It may be that the latch is already engaged so it will not engage the striker on the trunk lid or body causing this issue here.Try unlocking the trunk with the key or any electronic release button then try and close the trunk again.If this does not work locate the latch and try and open/unlock the trunk the same way again but use a flat blade tool to try and pull open the latch catch when opening/unlocking the trunk and see if it then works properly.If this still does not work then the latch itself has most likely failed as this is most common with the latch needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete