Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2004 MINI S has an intermittent starting problem coming up

Customer Question

2004 MINI COOPER S has an intermittent starting problem coming up with a key communication error or something like that unfortunately I only got one key with it should I buy another or is the problem bigger than that
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases this is a fault with the key itself not being detected needing replaced.The other issue is the immobilizer/sensor that reads the key needing replaced but most common is the key itself.What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this fault here using a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.But I do suspect it is the key needing replaced and programmed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete