Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Hard to start cold secondary not always working. No, Express

Customer Question

Hard to start cold secondary not always working.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Express van 2lt 2/99
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Being intimidated by carby
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked at all this needs done to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.

Check connections leading to and at the carb. for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to resolve this fault.

If no codes are set and all connections are o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete