Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1985 Volvo sedan battery recharge put terminals back on now

Customer Question

1985 Volvo sedan battery recharge put terminals back on now it won't turn over but lights flash etc.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: all dash warning lights stay on and hazard lights keep going
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the battery terminals also have other wires connected what are they for
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Make sure you have connected all wiring and cables back to the battery as needed.If this is or has been done already and did not resolve the issue try locking and unlocking the doors with a key or remote to see if this then allows proper operation of the vehicle from there.If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete