Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I had a repair done to the back window on my 2001 Megane

Customer Question

I had a repair done to the back window on my 2001 Megane convertible and now the roof does not operate electroncally.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed the hydralic tap so that it opens and closes manually, can you advise me how to reset the electric operation?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that everything was working perfectly well before the back window was repaired
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any fuses are found to be blown or damaged when the repair was done as well as any shorted or damaged wiring in the area of the repair.Since it worked properly before the repair was done this can be the cause here in some cases.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete