Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My wipers and my lights come on when my car is locked I just

Customer Question

My wipers and my lights come on when my car is locked I just put a new battery in it from local dealer but it's still happening
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If anything after market is installed like a remote start or alarm system in some cases this can be wired in incorrectly or the control unit for it may be damaged internally causing this fault here needing replaced.If it does have an after market component this needs checked into and repaired.

If it does not this can be a fault with a body control ecu shorted out internally when the doors are locked it can engage these components here.I would have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model to help locate if a body ecu is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete