Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Remote locking of car from key will not work The radio as

Customer Question

Remote locking of car from key will not work The radio as well has lost power to it. These two problems occurred at the same time. I have checked the fuses and they seem to be ok. Any suggestions
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consisitent
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Just want to make sure that you have received my question and someone is looking at it
Expert:  Pete replied 24 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault internally with a body control ecu that may power up the radio as well as operate the remote locking since all of these issues occurred at once and all fuses are found to be o.k.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model that can read all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed and repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete