indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

Nissan Dualis 2010 car is not locking with key remote

Customer Question

Nissan Dualis 2010 car is not locking with key remote changwd battery in key remote still not working
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Checked all fuses and car battery all ok
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Manual key lock on drivers side only locks the driver door. All other doors do not lock
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the mum at work test the fuses with his tool and he tested battery he's a forklift mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nissan Dualis 2010 TI
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's all
Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi ,

If you lock the doors with the switch inside the car on the drivers switch will all the doors lock .

Greg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg,
We tried that and Yes it does

Okay looks like you just have a problem with the system .

First check and see if the panic button works and sets off the alarm.

Greg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry Greg, time difference is making it hard!
I don't know where my panic button is. I will check my manual to see if I can find it

The panic button is the red button on the keyfob.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a red button my key fob
Only a lock and unlock (padlock pictures)

Okay good .

Try the following program of the keyfob.

If this does not work you will have to have the keyfob checked at nissan and also have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool

and check for central locking malfunctions.

In some cases depending om the model the key fob can only be programmed with diagnostic tools .

Note: You must have all remotes on hand when performing this procedure. Any remotes not used during this procedure will become inactive.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock switch located on drivers door panel.

2. Insert key into ignition (DON’T TURN) and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds (this will need to be done at approximately one second intervals). You may need to insert and remove the key up to 10 or 12 times until your hazard lamps flash. PLEASE NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast or too slow the system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push the LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. PLEASE NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining remotes (including working ones), Unlock then Lock all doors using the switch on drivers door panel. Within 5 seconds of locking and unlocking doors press LOCK button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. Repeat this step for each remote (including any working remotes).

6. When all remotes have been programmed turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door. Test all remotes.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply bbox below.

Rgds Greg