Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Wow it seems that my problem mirrors many 05 focus LS (MK2)

Customer Question

Wow it seems that my problem mirrors many 05 focus LS (MK2) models.
Apparent imobiliser issue, code 16 flash.
I can deal easily with this problem for now by removing the right hand pos+ power lead to the under bonnet fuse box with the jey in and on in the ignition.
It clears the path for a start and stays clear for quite some time.
The dash message as with many says Engine System Fault reduced acceleration.
The cluster will perform a full check.
It looks like this problem has plagued the past two owners too.
Some occassions it will be fine for the entire day. on others it will allow for one or two starts only.
The battery l am charging as l type and will check it again tomorrow.
Any thoughts.
PS we are awaiting our second chipped key to programme that.
Dave
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this is an issue with the key itself as it can fail to be read by the immobilizer and cause this issue here.I would try the second chipped key when it comes in and see if this resolves the fault.If this does not resolve the fault then this can be an issue with the immobilizer itself that reads the key needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean l just paid $45 for that.
I already knew that from various forums.
I was after specific points, like the main interconnect in the inside fuse box or the small two or three wire loom from the maf meter into the main loom etc.
Im not sure that the remaining $41 taken out for this response was warranted in this instance ... do you?
DAvid.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but others here may be able to assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete