Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I turn on the ignition there is power there but the starter

Customer Question

I turn on the ignition there is power there but the starter will not engage or turn over the fuses are in good conditionthe
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: the steering turns the key is in good condition
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: proton gen 2 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes iam doing it myself the ignition turns on you can hear the fuel pump run all the lights on the dash light up but the starter will not crank
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after I stopped the engine I removed the key and the alarm went off I replaced the key and started it again turned it off took out key and the alarm went off so I removed the negative lead on battery replaced it now I cant start the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out this needs done.I have seen issues with the immobilizer itself cause this issue here due to the battery being disconnected and reconnected.It may have caused the theft system to engage and cause this here.Try locking and unlocking the doors with the remote or key and see if this corrects the fault.If this does not work then the codes will need read out to help diagnose the issue.It may need a security relearn by a dealers or authorized repair centers computer to resolve this as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete