Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Subject 2012 ST Auto ZD30 Due to a heavy fuel consumption

Customer Question

Subject 2012 ST Auto ZD30
Due to a heavy fuel consumption and a lack of power I installed a Diesel Smart Proformance unit which has increased power and reduced fuel. However, as this was done on a Dino, Ifound that prior to the new unit being installed, the motor only produced a max of 64.1kw.
This motor is suppose to deliver 118kw (flywheel) less about 25% for drive train loss.
Now I should have about 88kw. Where should I start looking for the lost power.
Can you assist. Regards Alan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the exhaust checked/tested at all for any excessive back pressure this should be done.I have seen issues with excessive back pressure cause this fault here with the restricted exhaust component needing replaced.I have also seen issues with a restricted fuel filter or lack of intake air flow cause this fault.If all of these have already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. While waiting for a response I did some more research, and had the fuel rail pressure checked, and found it to have a very wide range of pressures. This was compared to another Patrol, of the same year, which is running in top condition.
I don't think you have these vehicles in the USA, so it was foolish of me to start the enquire. The MAF sensor is clean, although I am replacing it with a new one.
Also I paid the $39.00 for your answer. OK, but Justanswer have also robbed my account with another $53.00. I haven't given anyone permission to do this action. Could you please advise why and organise a refund. I won't be, at this stage, be asking any more questions on my Nissan Patrol Y61.
Cheers, ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Below is the link to Customer Care.Please contact them on this matter here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help