Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Well this is a surprise. I suspected my cat converter is the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, well this is a surprise. I suspected my cat converter is the cause of my 06 311cdi sprinter going into limp mode. Pulled the following fault codes. 912A, 2082-008, 2078-002/8. My mechanic suggested I ride it hard and under load to burn the cat clean. It does not seem to work and it's not my style to treat my car that way. I'm a plumber so the car is always loaded and town driving only. Anyway you can shed light on it? Regards
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Sometimes the engine light will come on when it goes into limp mode but most times not. Bought a iCarsoft scanner for this purpose
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't touched it yet. Had it at my mechanic and already told you what he said I should do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I suspect the cat./filter needs replaced.This can be common to fail and cause this issue here and in most cases when it is plugged it cannot be cleaned manually like this here.You can however look online to see if you can locate a repair facility that can clean this but in most cases it will have to be replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete