Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

When I turn the key it goes past the click point for

Customer Question

When I turn the key it goes past the click point for ignition but does not start Just a click. It happened yestersday on a couple of turns and then it started. I have been driving it today starting and stopping fine until about an hour ago and now it just makes the click sound at ignition point and wont start. All lights etc are fine
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes can turn steering wheel and no key is fine only used twice in 6 years as this model is keyless. It turns around to full ingition position
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2007 mits outlander
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing it just wont start yes just me at this stage its as if loose wire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. so when your try to start the car sometimes it starts and sometimes you just hear a click? replace the starter. it wont be long until it wont start at all.

do you still need assistance?

hello???

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.I value your input to my questions so I may help you better .Do you still require help?