Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2007 X5 E70 has a PDC error warning. Have replaced

Customer Question

Hi. My 2007 X5 E70 has a PDC error warning. Have replaced sensors and control module (2nd hand) - error still appears. Do I need to re-set module?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: PDC sensors in bumpers. Don't have equipment to test trouble codes.
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixing myself. Have replaced faulty sensors and PDC control module (2nd hand unit)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The PDC control module itself may need programmed after replacement and this may be the cause here.I would see if you can get the fault codes read out/checked as this will also help in diagnosing and locating the issue here.If you can get the codes checked let me know what codes come up here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete