Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Hg, my Mazda is a Mazda 2 Maxx 2003 model. I am ty, rying to

Customer Question

Hg
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: Hi, my Mazda is a Mazda 2 Maxx 2003 model.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am ty
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: rying to fix the fuel pump but have trouble disconnecting the fuel line. How do I disconnect the quick release? There is a blue plastic stopper
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: Last filled one week ago, there is no smell.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am very disappointed not having received an answer to my question after waiting 1 1/2 hours.
I am trying to take the fuel pump out of my Mazda 2 Maxx 2003 model. I am not able to disconnect the fuel line. There is a quick release connection with a blue plastic sleeve, but I cannot move it and don't want to damage it.
I would be grateful for a quick and helpful response
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try some compressed air and blow around the fitting and connection as sometimes dirt builds up in the connection making it difficult to release.Usually the sleeve or fitting is pushed in once the dirt is removed to then disconnect the line or it may be one that is removed and a special fuel line release tool obtained from a parts store to insert in the fuel line connection to release the line.If this was already attempted and did not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete