Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Canyou please tell me how to identify a Nissan XTRAIL auto

Customer Question

HELLO canyou please tell me how to identify a Nissan XTRAIL auto gearbox,. IE an AUTO from a CVT unit
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: It is a T31 Year 2010. I have the ID of the Gearbox if that helps
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The gearbox is terminal - a lot of metal in box. It is a friends and I have removed the box to take to a auto gearbox rebuilder that I know and trust. They do not hoever touch the cvt's
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I gave the wrong telephone number - it is ************.
Thankyou
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually you can contact a dealers parts department with your vehicles VIN number and transmissio ID number and they can tell you over the phone which transmission your model has here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete