sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Its a 2007 Nissan navara d40 stx..had a split hose, car got

Customer Question

its a 2007 Nissan navara d40 stx..had a split hose, car got hot, repaired the hose filled it back up with water once it had cooled, drove approx. 10k's... car got hot again I went to pull over but car stalled, I let it cool and put more water in it, but now it wants to just wind over without firing..is there a shut of system in these cars? if so how do I get it running again? or do I have more problems? thankyou
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only just got it home in the dark and rain on car trailer, going to try and fix myself and its a turbo diesel.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: it is original engine and serviced every 10,000, has 3,00 left till next service. so it will have done 310,000
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know if this problem is just a sensor issue or a internal problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it was overheated repeatedly and now will not start then internal engine damage may have been done. Overheating can damage pistons, rings, cylinder walls and valvetrain components.

Does the engine sound normal when cranking or does it sound uneven, or faster than normal?

Have you checked for fault codes?