Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Idles ok but open throttle and it dies, I tried one that I

Customer Question

Idles ok but open throttle and it dies
JA: Has the vehicle been scanned for trouble codes?
Customer: I tried one that I have but it didn't communicate with ecu.i have changed all sensors throttle body etc including fuel pump.
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2000 ej20
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed complete throttle body,crank sensor 02 sensor fuel pump ,ecu,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you havent checked for any vacuum leaks this should be done.If there are any vacuum leaks on the engine in some cases this can cause a stall out when opening the throttle like this here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete