Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

The inlet to the BlueTec tank on my 2014 ML350 has been

Customer Question

The inlet to the BlueTec tank on my 2014 ML350 has been broken. Mercedes tell us we have to replace the tank at a cost of $2,500 plus labour.
Can I drive the car with BlueTec disconnected?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin Unfortunatly no car cannot be driven without fluid as exhaust will block up .you could try to get a second hand tank

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had conflicting answers here in Australia, depending whether they are Mercedes employed or not.
The consensus is that you can drive the vehicle as long as the BlueTec system is completely disconnected. In fact, I have been told that once the vehicle is out of warranty, you can quite easily have the BlueTec disconnected & not have any issues!!
Your view??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think that you saying the exhaust will block up is a bit suspect!!
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Ok first I don't work for Mercedes so I'm completely impartial . I'm now understanding your question fully .you can remove system from can but you cannot just take tank off . You will need to have Ecu software remapped to tell the car the add blue system isn't there otherwise you will have all sorts of issues