sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser Cabrio and the door opening/door

Customer Question

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser Cabrio and the door opening/door closing window sensor (Left side) is not working.
Full functionality when activating central controls for all windows. Malfunction for window slightly opening/closing when opening/closing the door. Will appreciate your advice.
***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if your power window does operate but the smart glass function does not. The problem could be a microswitch or wiring issue but it could just be lack of calibration. Have you tried calibrating the window?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks,
How do you calibrate the window?
Turn the key on.
Leave the door closed.
Hold the window switch in the down position until the window stops and continue holding for the count of five. Release the switch and immediately hold it in the up position. Again continue to hold it until the count of five. Then release it and see if the window works correctly.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I will appreciate any further suggestions/strategies

Does the express up function work correctly?