Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2004 liberty 2.5i ac isn't turning on. The engine check

Customer Question

hi my 2004 liberty 2.5i ac isn't turning on. The engine check light has come on and my cruise control light keeps going on and off, even without turning it on. plse help
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: only the engine check is stationary while the cruise keeps blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well ive tried to test the fuse relay under the hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.Most likely there is a code set in the engine computer related to all of these issues here that need diagnosed to help pinpoint the cause here.

Any shop or dealer can check the codes and diagnose the fault.Usually a local parts store will read the codes at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete