Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2010 BMW E89 Z4 and the Pop-Up Display does not pop

Customer Question

I have a 2010 BMW E89 Z4 and the Pop-Up Display does not pop up and all systems associated with it don't work - radio / CD Player / telephone etc
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I have checked all fuses and they are all good
JA: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: THe only thing I have tried is checking all the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I have seen issues with the radio itself or control buttons at fault that will cause this here so having the fault codes checked will hep in pinpointing the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete