Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Have an XC90, replaced the automatic gear shift knob. When I

Have an XC90, replaced the automatic gear shift knob. When I pulled the knob off, there was a two strand wire that pulled out. After replacing new knob, I have a warning light - basically the wires were the winter mode select. Where do the wires connect to? do you have a pic or diagram?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: not lights. Its the winter mode switch on the gear shift.
JA: What year is your XC90?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have fixed myself and have replaced the faulty gear shift knob.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont show a pic or diagram for this here but usually it connects at the base of the shifter itself.The shifter bezel/plate usually needs removed to access the connection.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
HI PeteThere is a 'plate' (which has the W button and displays the shifter position) and then the wires (two strand, both with spade connectors) then go 'down' from the plate onto the shift mechanism. Where do they plug in? If you have a pic or diagram, I can send you my email so you can mail it to meThanks,

Below is a diagram of where these wires connect to if this helps any.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete