Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert
Experience:  30 + years experience with Toyota products
14892859

I have 2007 corolla power steering light is on and no power

Customer Question

I have 2007 corolla power steering light is on and no power assist fault code says power steer relay frailer, cant find relay.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuse is ok ,looking for relay to test.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This is a 2007 Corolla with a power steering red light illuminated at the instrument cluster, and you have no power assist, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

If you have an electric steering system failure light illuminated at the dash, you have an internal issue with the electric power steering. If the relay was faulty, the light would not be on, so that is not the issue. On this particular system, there are no user serviceable parts. You need a can tool to diagnose what the fault codes are before any can effect replacement of the necessary parts. Unfortunately, on this electric power steering system (no power steering pump) , there are procedures that absolutely require the Toyota scan tool. You recourse to getting this rectified is a visit to the dealer. I wish I could give you a quick fix on this, but, without the fault codes, we are stuck until you have codes.