Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez,
Experience:  Lead Technician at Tire Kingdom Auto Care
2902231

My engine on the ford laser recently had the bearings

Customer Question

Hi my engine on the ford laser recently had the bearings changed but it would not start as it is getting no current
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Angel Martinez replied 6 months ago.

Do you mean It's not getting current to the starter to turn the engine over? Use a test light at the starter, there is a small wire going to solenoid (the small cylinder attached to the starter), put the test light on it and have a friend try to start the car, if the light comes on you need to check the power going to the starter. if it does not turn on then you need to check the ignition switch, witch is attached to the other side of where the key goes, you must remove the plastic guards from around the steering column, just 3 screws from the bottom. and see if the switch is sending power to the solenoid. put the test light on the Black with a Yellow line, then try to crank it. if it does light up you have a break in the wire, run a new wire. if it does not light up but everything else in the car works with the key on, you have a bad switch. to test this make sure the wire to the starter is connected and the starter has power, then go to ignition switch and find the Blk/Yellow wire and send battery voltage from the positive side to the wire using a jumper, if the engine turns over. you have a bad switch.