sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Just bought my audi without the radio books and code.

Customer Question

Hi, just bought my audi without the radio books and code.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Battery disconnected when bought. Bought at local auction, no books in the car My serial number is *****
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2003 TT Quattro
JA: Are you fixing your Quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried pulling out the radio and tried the last 4 digits on the serial. And yes, fixing it up myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Been having difficulty opening the boot and petrol cover. On the dashboard, there is light ( yellow ) in the shape of a `flower' . Difficult to know especially when there are no books / guides in the car
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.