Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Rear top tail gate is not opening using remote or switch

Customer Question

rear top tail gate is not opening using remote or switch inside but you can hear the motor running when you push the remote
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: automatic just clocked 92 000 km
JA: What is the model of your '92 BMW?
Customer: its a 2010 x5 3 litre turbo diesel
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think we are not getting each other
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot open the rear boot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the tail gate latch itself.I have seen the latch fail in the past before and cause this issue here needing replaced.I would have the latch checked/tested to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete