sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Car starts on cold normally; as engine warms up, if engine

Customer Question

car starts on cold normally; as engine warms up, if engine is turned off, may or may not ignition switch start, it will have to be pushed start.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: no. steering wheel can be turned normally. Ignition switch feels normal to start
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: mazda 323 familiar, 1.3 injected, year 2002. assembled in Colombia, South America.
JA: What year is your 323?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your 323 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced ignition electronic module, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, injectors have been cleaned out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, ty. that's pretty much it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hey, Moose! Please diagnostics on problema descripción.ty

Sorry I just noticed this is not an American car. I need to opt out and get you to the correct category.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming that the starter does not engage when this happens since you're able to push start it. If the starter does not engage when hot the most likely cause would be the starter itself, but it would take some electrical testing to know for sure.

Have you tested for power at the starter solenoid wire with the key in the crank position while it will not start?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We are cornering the problem at hand. Seems the injectors are dripping fuel inside the pistons right after the engine is shut off because black smoke comes out the tail pipe and acceleration is rough.
Can injectors be somehow graduated?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 days ago.

The injectors would need to be replaced if they are leaking.