Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Stuck in third gear, yes - oil leak in back left wheel,

Customer Question

stuck in third gear
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: yes - oil leak in back left wheel
JA: What is the model/year of your transmissions?
Customer: husqvana lt1536 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no - a mower service centre will do the repairs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am told a replacement trans (whole new rear end) IS THE WAY TO GO
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately in some cases they cannot be repaired and have to be replaced as a complete assembly and this is most likely why you were told it needs replaced.If this was not checked over/tested this needs to be done by a facility that can work on this model to do the testing and diagnosis for this fault here to see if for sure it needs a complete transmission or if the one you have can be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete