Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My pj75 1 HZ wont idle and surges, 312 km 4.2l, pj 75 land

Customer Question

my pj75 1 HZ wont idle and surges
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 312 km 4.2l
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: pj 75 land cruiser 98 y
JA: Are you fixing your Land Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes if possible I have put an in line pump in it work well for 500km
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent yet inspect for any vacuum leaks on the engine that can cause this fault here.I have seen issues with vacuum leaks cause unmetered air to enter the engine and cause this fault.Leaks like loose or damaged vacuum hoses are common as well as intake gaskets leaking needing replaced.In some cases this will require a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks like gaskets leaking.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete