Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

2010 Tahoe no code came on. removed and cleaned the throttle

2010 Tahoe no code came on. removed and cleaned the throttle body. it idles good. my problem happens when I brake. the rpms come down normally until get under 10 miles mpg. the rpms will rev up slightly (700 to 10or 11000) a couple times before it goes down to 600 and then idles stays their.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are any fault codes setting with this issue here at all or have you had the fault codes checked at all?Is the check engine light on with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Pete, I have not had fault codes checked. the check engine light has never come on. I did not have this problem before I cleaned the throttle body. I decided to clean the t.b. because I just hit 100000 miles.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline when you posted last night.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in this model and I will check for an idle relearn?

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
pete, the Tahoe is the LTZ 5.3

O.k.,there is an idle learn on this model with this engine.It does however require a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to perform this (in some cases you can get a local parts store to do this at no charge).Below is the procedure which I suspect needs done since this only occurred after cleaning the throttle body.

Throttle Learn

Reset Procedure (Performed after the throttle body is cleaned or replaced)
1. Ignition ON, engine OFF, perform the Idle Learn Reset in Module Setup with a scan tool.
2. Start the engine and monitor the TB Idle Airflow Compensation parameter. The TB Idle Airflow Compensation value should equal 0 percent and the engine should be idling at a normal idle speed.
3. Clear the DTCs and return to the diagnostic that referred you here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pete, I will try your suggestion and I will let you know if it solves my problem. won't be able to try it until the weekend. funny I don't how I ended up in Australia since I am in n.y. u.s.a

Sounds good.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else on this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete