Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Turbo-Diesel 2011 Ford Focus 2 litre. Whole body shuddered.

Customer Question

Turbo-Diesel 2011 Ford Focus 2 litre. Whole body shuddered. I ended up with low gear and no reverse. Approx. 4 months ago Ford dealership under instruction and after haggling agreed to change the transmission and because of further trouble change the electrical loom. Today the whole thing repeated itself.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: As old as the car 2011 with 56,000 klms. on the clock; I assume the service was carried out when the new transmission was fitted approx. 5 months back
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not touching the car as it is looked after by the dealership (do not wish to name them)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am sick and tired of having to be presented with and having to be confronted by these problems with a vehicle that is virtually still new.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the differential was not checked for any damage this needs done.If any issues are found with the differential this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete