Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a D40 Navara diesel that stalls when cold, started

Customer Question

Hi, I have a D40 Navara diesel that stalls when cold, started out once a month, now happens daily sometimes more than once. It has been to 2 different mechanics who say not fault codes and can't find anything wrong. good pressure in the rail runs fine once warm, does use 14lts per 100ks though. have put a genuine filter on, have changed SCV on pump.185000ks fully serviced. Cheers
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In allot of cases what will cause this issue here is a fault with the engine coolant temp sensor sending an incorrect signal on what the temp is for the engine when cold.If it is sending a false signal that the engine is warm this causes the engine to run lean and cause this fault with the sensor needing replaced.If this has not been checked into this needs done to see if this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete