Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Second opinion] - Jay hope you are doing well. I have an

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hi Jay
hope you are doing well.
I have an Australian Nissan Maxima 2004 J31,
My key less entry remote suddenly stopped working. I thought there might be an issue with the battery, so i have changed it with the exact same type. but it did not work. even i have followed the reprogramming steps available online but i could not get into programming mode.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault with the remote/fob itself.I have seen it fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.If you have a second remote/fob test it and see if it works.If you do not have a second remote you will need to have your remote tested to see if for sure it is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete