Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Takes off normal then gos into limp mode (slow0, 2006, has

Customer Question

takes off normal then gos into limp mode (slow0
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: has new batteries and mcor
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: no but being bran new did think off them having issue . but battery light on dash stays on sometimes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If the alternator/generator was not checked or replaced this can cause this issue with the battery light coming on as well as loose or corroded or damaged battery cables needing cleaned and tightened.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete