Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I own a second hand BMW 320i E90 2005 automatic petrol model

Customer Question

Hi Roger, I own a second hand BMW 320i E90 2005 automatic petrol model that has done 90,000km. I've had no problems for the past year and half but the other day while reversing up a steep slope it started to stall with the engine light coming on. I tried to drive home but there was only about half power coming from the engine. Engine was also very noisy. Gear changes were fine. I asked my mechanic to plug his computer into the car and found that two modules (12 and 18) came up with errors. I have been trying to find out what these two modules mean on the internet but have had no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!
Best regards,
Aston Lee
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hi I'm Kevin was engine juddering also while running like a misfire ? The codes you have don't mean anything and are wind references the car will need to be scanned on a bmw capable tool

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Kevin, thanks very much for response my question so quick, the car is really looked like missfired or throttle problem. I really want to fix my car by a cheap way, but its looks like need to be find out a garage they should have a BMW computer, do you think so that I can download an app and buy a cable to plug in, then can find out what's the problem of my car?
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.

The cables and apps scan sonething called eobd systems this may help but eobd is only emmissions relacted and wont always show all codes as it doesnt access manufacturer related faults