Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

The wire for the altornator is been cut off on my toyota

Customer Question

The wire for the altornator is been cut off on my toyota hilux dual cab diesel 2008. Bought from auction. I have the new connector but the colour wire is not the same. Can you help me with which colour to connect to which colour.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Its the original engine for the hilux 2008. Just bought it from auction, and its only done 39000km
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive just bought a brand new altornator 4 pin connector
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: But the colour of the wires are not the same colour as the wires on the hilux
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. I see no one has tried to help you yet so if you like perhaps I can work with you to solve this. Just a couple questions before we you have the same number of wires on the new connector as on the wire harness? what colors are on the harness and the connector? do you have a volt and ohm meter?