Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a tricky situation, 2003 Nissan pulsar ST (N16) this

Customer Question

Hi Scott, I have a tricky situation, 2003 Nissan pulsar ST (N16) this car was a poverty pack with manual windows, I have a*****that has electric windows fitted, I have swapped each door wiring loom over and window motors etc to put the Fast Glass in the 2003. This is the second time I have done this to obtain fast glass in a non factory fitted car, first time everything went well - just needed to add a relay into the existing wired holder and they worked fine (was a 2000 into 2001 conversion). Everything is going well and fits as previous conv, BUT the 2003 (auto) does not have the extra wiring base for the relay - does the 2003 auto control the windows via the BEM or am I missing some of the wiring harness specific to auto loom?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since the wiring is not installed this is most likely controlled by the BEM differently then the other swap over you had done in the past.I have seen newer models controlled like this before to where this swap over cannot be done without replacing modules or programming a computer unfortunately.I suspect since the wiring is not in place this is how this one is set up.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete