sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Mate, 2011 Toyota Camry I'm getting the warning on the desh,

Customer Question

Hi hi mate
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 Toyota Camry I'm getting the warning on the desh
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It says check hybrid system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I check the hybrid battery nothing blown or can't notice any corossion
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I would recommend attempting repairs on a hybrid vehicle only if you're properly trained and have the proper safety and testing equipment.

This warning will display for a number of reasons and it will require some testing to determine the cause. The warning is being displayed because the hybrid control module has seen a failure somewhere in the system. The issue could be with the battery, transmission, inverter, the control module itself, cables and connections; literally anything in the high voltage system.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will to be use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there.