Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2001 Toyota avalon csx. I was using the cigarette

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Toyota avalon csx. I was using the cigarette lighter socket to charge my phone and it stopped working, the fuse is fine. What should I do/check next?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

First inspect the socket for any bent connections in it that may be causing this fault here.I have seen the sockets become bent internally and cause this issue needing replaced.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hello Pete,Took the socket out but doesn't seem to be any bent connections, what's next?Cheers,Ryan