FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I replace the faulty CUE system (display screen P17, media

Customer Question

I replace the faulty CUE system (display screen P17, media player ) and for my Escalade 2015 ESV. After installation the display screen remain blank/blank. Also the HVAC control is led light is off but it response when control. Pls advice
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you programmed the CUE unit to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for reply. I did tried to program only the HMI , the P17 display only turn on for a few seconds during programming. pls advice on , how to do replacement programming.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 2 months ago.

Replacement programming can only be done at the dealer or by a shop with the correct programming. It needs to be programmed to be able to communicate with the other modules through the VIN number. Without that it will not function correctly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the reply, Kindly send me a step by step CUE programming guide.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no programming guide. You need a manufacturer computer to be able to program it. This programming is uploaded through that computer and then it is used to program it to communicate with the other modules in the vehicle. There is no step by step manual programming for this unit. Do you have factory computer equipment?