sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 BA Falcon and yesterday I started it in the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 BA Falcon and yesterday I started it in the driveway then it cut out after about 10 seconds and now will crank over fast but no start, there is fuel as I thought it was flooded so floored the accelerator , smelt fule but still no start.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I have located the IFS and the button was not popped, sprayed some carby cleaner into the intake - no joy
JA: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the fuel consumption is steady, it has aftermarket LPG fitted and has just been serviced, but the car won't start on either petrol or LPG. It has six sep[arate coils (one on each spark plug, can I check the spark by piulling one of them out and earthing it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself, nothing else relevant I cna think of
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it won't run on carb cleaner you most likely are missing spark but it's also possible that there is a mechanical engine issue such as cam timing, or you could have an exhaust restriction.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Anything causing a loss of spark would set a code. Are you able to check for codes?