Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

My 2014 Ford E250 van, when I stop, turn van off, open the

Customer Question

My 2014 Ford E250 van, when I stop, turn van off, open the door, the anti-theft light flashes and alarm dings. I try to lock doors with the door switch, they lock but immediatly unlock again.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened tonight. I don't know where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought the van from a dealer a week ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We're in Canada, not Australia.
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. let me look up a security reset for you.

FORD REMOTE – THIS PROCEDURE RESETS ALL REMOTES FOR THE VEHICLE. ALL FUNCTIONING REMOTES WILL HAVE TO BE REPROGRAMMED DURING THE PROCEDURE

There are a few different procedures that will program your remotes depending on what vehicle that you have. You can find your exact procedure in your owners manual. If you do not have your owners manual you can try any of the procedures below until you find the one that works for your vehicles

Make sure that you don’t press the brake pedal at any time during or before the procedure.

Procedure A:

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)

3.Within 10 seconds press any button on the first keyless remote to be programmed. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you only have one remote then skip to step 5.
4.Within 10 seconds, press any button on the second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. Repeat step 4. for all other remotes.
5.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

*If this does not work try the procedure with the door closed.

Procedure B:
1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
6. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.

Please note: All steps should be performed in fairly rapid succession. If you never get the initial chime or door lock cycle, that means the vehicle has never entered programming mode. You should remove key from ignition, open and close the door and start over.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are no key fobs. I just have two keys.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you think maybe it senses the key is in the ignition even though it is not, and maybe that's why the doors won't lock?

that very possible because if i leave my keys in my ignition, the doors work lock. let me see what we can do about that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The alarm is going and doors won't lock even when the key is not in the ignition.

ok. disconnect both battery terminals hold them together for 10 seconds. reconnect them, positive first. see if that helps

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, I tried that. It did not fix it.

ok, let me up another procedure for you.

Autolock and Unlock Note: Your vehicle comes with this feature disabled. The autolock feature will lock all the doors when: • all doors are closed, • the ignition is on, • you shift into any gear putting the vehicle in motion, and • the vehicle attains a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h). If the vehicle was autolocked, the autounlock feature will unlock all doors when the driver’s door is opened within 10 minutes of switching the ignition off. Enabling or Disabling Autolock and Autounlock These features can be enabled or disabled: • by your authorized dealer • through the information display • using the power door lock procedure. To enable or disable using the power door locks, do the following: Note: You will have 30 seconds to complete the procedure. 1. Switch the ignition on. 2. Press the power door lock button three times. 3. Switch the ignition off. 4. Press the power door lock button three times. 5. Switch the ignition on. The horn will chirp indicating the programming mode has been entered. Autolock: Once in programming mode, press the power door unlock button then the lock button. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated. Autounlock: Once in programming mode, press the power door lock button then the unlock button. The horn will chirp once if autounlock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autounlock was activated. 6. Turn the ignition off. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.

any luck?