Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The immobilized snapped on my key it's a 1985 ute courier

Customer Question

The immobilized snapped on my key it's a 1985 ute courier I'm getting a new one tommrow just wanna know how to reset it myself
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: The connecting point snapped of
JA: Are you fixing your Courier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just went into a few shops and they told me me I could do it my self cost the mechanic had a tight schedule due to other cars he's working on Im on my way now to get anew immobileser on my key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need my car for work that's all
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases you can lock and unlock the doors with the key or hold lock and unlock on the remote to calibrate it on some models.If this is tried and does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete