Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My 07 crafter has no reverse & is very reluctant to go

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my 07 crafter has no reverse & is very reluctant to go forward.I can get it to move forward if its level or on a down hill grade, otherwise it tries a few times to move but finds its too hard & gives up & goes into neural.When I do get it to move it doesnt stop unless I put it into neutral , if I dont it comes to a shuddering halt & stalls .Any ideas of what it could be cheers Gary
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No no light .it stalls when comming to a stop where when the brake is applied it should go to neutral by itself
JA: What is the model of your '07 VW?
Customer: 07 vw crafter mwb van
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We put a scan tool on it that came up witha code 37168 that we tried unsucsesfully to get rid of
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.My info is limited on this here but I saw no one else had posted and wanted to see if I could help in any way on this.

If you havent checked to see if the fluid level is low check and see if this is the cause here as this can be a common fault for this issue.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Pete sorry for the delay I took my Volkswagen to a auto transmition place today & was told it doesnt have a hydrolic system so he couldnt check the hydrolic oil he said I t was a cellaspeed ? Gearbox , He apparently put his laptop scanner on it but couldnt get into it .He advised me to take it to the volkswagen dealer , Is this my only option cheers Gary