Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2010 XC90 D5, Engine System Service Required displayed on

Customer Question

2010 XC90 D5, Engine System Service Required displayed on the instrument cluster with error codes 042 & 167 displayed.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: There are no DTC when using the scan tool
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its difficult at what to look for with out knowing what the codes mean
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats fine
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If your scan tool is not fully compatible with your model here to read all computers in your vehicle this can make it difficult to read out all fault codes.If you can check and see if your scan tool has this option this will help and if not see if you can get the codes read out with a different scan tool to see if any P,C or B codes show up and let me know.

Thanks Pete